Re: Fixed Font for Ghostscript

These two headers are mutually incompatible.  If you fix the first to
US-ASCII, both are default and should be ommitted.

> I finally found what I was looking for (sounds like a song title doesn't
> it?) after a few hours of web surfing.  The solution always seemed to me to
> find a fixed pitch font, and as courier is one of the most widely used I
> searched high and low (another song title??) until I found such a font with
> a font metrics file.

Courier is included with ghostscript.

> There seem to be a few fonts out there without a font metrics file, but I
> finally found one that had an .afm file.

There is a utility with ghostscript to generate an AFM file from any font.
/usr/lib/ghostscript/5.10/printafm.ps

> [InternetShortcut]
> URL=http://www.mit.edu:8001/afs/sipb.mit.edu/contrib/postscript/Submit

This looks like a Microsoft propietory format being used instead of a proper
MIME type.  I.E. I think it is the inside of a .lnk file, without the .lnk
extension to give even an MS system a clue as to its nature.  There always
has been a MIME type for containing a pointer to the content, rather than
the actual content.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions