Re: Fixed Font for Ghostscript

Paul,

I finally found what I was looking for (sounds like a song title doesn't
it?) after a few hours of web surfing.  The solution always seemed to me to
find a fixed pitch font, and as courier is one of the most widely used I
searched high and low (another song title??) until I found such a font with
a font metrics file.

There seem to be a few fonts out there without a font metrics file, but I
finally found one that had an .afm file.

Grab it from
http://www.mit.edu:8001/afs/sipb.mit.edu/contrib/postscript/Submit
(I've attached the URL below)

I'm still not very happy about having to hard code the font details into
the mailfax file but until I get a better answer...

Hope this helps and thanks for all the other replies.

david

----------
> From: Paul S. Russell <paulr@cmysys.com>
> To: flexfax@sgi.com
> Subject: Re: flexfax: Fixed Font for Ghostscript
> Date: 18 October 1998 19:45
>
> On 17 Oct 98 at 10:34, David Reid wrote:
>
> > I need a fixed width font to allow Ghostscript to format an email in
> > such a way that it still looks like the original form that's being
> > emailed for faxing.  The form is essentially an ascii form, but as
> > soon as it's converted to Postscript by GS with a proportional font
> > the formatting is ruined.  Under windows, using Courier-New it keeps
> > the formatting and looks good.  With Courier-Bold and GS it looks
> > like s**t!
>
> I'd like an answer to this one too.  I'm using...
>
> TextFont:       Courier-Bold
> TextPointSize:  12
>
> ... which makes the faxes readable, but certainly not very
> professional looking.
>
> Anyone???
>
> --paul
>
>   Paul S. Russell, CMY Systems Sdn. Bhd., Shah Alam, Malaysia
>   E-mail: paulr@cmysys.com  Web: http://www.cmysys.com/info/
>   Phone: +60 (0)3 559 4616  Fax: +60 (0)3 550 4249
>   Visit Malaysian Motorsports at http://www.cmysys.com/mmsports/
Attachment Converted: "C:\PROGRAM FILES\EUDORA\Attach\Index of afssipb.mit.educontribpostscript....URL"

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions