Re: MultiTech modems

Russell Sutherland <russ@madhaus.cns.utoronto.ca> writes:

 > I am planning on changing my faithful fax modem:
 > 	ZYXEL U1496E/V 6.15 M

 > with a newer one that will ostensibly give me better
 > service in terms of sending faxes. (5+ years of service is pretty good)

 > There has been some useful information on this list on the
 > MultiTech MT2834ZDX product. I am thinking of purchasing a:

 > 	MT3334ZDX

 > model, only because thats what my local distributor stocks.

 >> From the data sheets these two models seem the same w.r.t.
 > fax functionality.

 > Does any one have information to confirm this fact in terms
 > of actual operational data/experience?

 > [ My present configuration is the above mentioned ZyXel modem
 >   and Solaris 2.5, SparcClassic, HylaFAX (tm) Version 4.0pl1 ]

The latest firmware upgrade for the MT2834ZDX (available free from
www.multitech.com) adds 33.6K capability, which leads me to believe
that the MT3334ZDX is a "recent" MT2834ZDX.

My phone lines (GTE) aren't good enough to run faster than ~26K baud,
so can't actually confirm 33.6K operation.

--
< John Belew >

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions