Garbled faxes not rejected

A few times per week, maybe a percent or two of the total volume, a fax
comes in that's garbled; running fax2ps manually on the received file
gives:

Fax3Decode2D: fax06714.tif: Bad code word at scanline 5 (x 1728).
Fax3Decode2D: fax06714.tif: Bad code word at scanline 272 (x 1728).
Fax3Decode2D: fax06714.tif: Uncompressed data (not supported) at scanline 276 (x 386).

I understand that communications problems are sometimes unavoidable, but
my question is this: Shouldn't such transmissions be rejected? HylaFAX
received them as OK, but they're clearly corrupt in some way.

(running the same files through tiff2ps generates more error messages and
a much larger postscript file, but the printable result is the same.)

I have not changed the default of the config parameters
"MaxConsecutiveBadLines" or "PercentGoodLines". Since, upon receiving
such a transmission, only the first third of the page prints, how can it
pass the "95% good lines" requirement without being rejected?

Any suggestions are appreciated on how to either improve the tramsissions,
or at least be better at rejecting the stuff that's garbled.

Thanks.

- Evan

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions