Re: problems with faxgetty

Oliver Kuechemann wrote:

> I recently installed HylaFAX v4.0pl1 to my Sparc10 running Solaris 2.4.
> My Modem is an ELSA MicroLink 28.8QTV. It
> is connected to a MAGMA 4 SP SBus expansion card (4 x serial).
> I already installed the RTS/CTS patch to correct the hardware flow
> control and sending/receiving faxes works just fine.
>
> BUT: After HylaFAX answered ONE incoming call, the software is not
> responding to any more calls!
> I already checked the serial communication between modem and computer,
> but everything seems to be ok!
> The modem is sending the 'RING' signal but the software simply ignores
> it...
>
> If I 'kill' the running faxgetty process manually, a new one will
> 'respawn' and the modem is answering the incoming call.
>
> What's happening here?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance, Oliver

Hmm,
I remember having problems with a not working FIFO buffer
in the serial port that resulted in problems just like that.
(Old PC 486) The result was the first connect over the port
working fine and all following not working, as the buffer did not
clear its bits...

What serial chip is used in a Sparc10 ?

maybe it helps if you reduce the communication speed between
the modem and the computer. (at least to 19200 or 9600)

Hope to help a little bit,
    Thomas.

--
Thomas Kuerten - beim Pfarracker 29 - 85716 Unterschleissheim - Germany
-URL-: http://www.leo.org/~kuerten/

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions