problems with faxgetty

I recently installed HylaFAX v4.0pl1 to my Sparc10 running Solaris 2.4.
My Modem is an ELSA MicroLink 28.8QTV. It
is connected to a MAGMA 4 SP SBus expansion card (4 x serial).
I already installed the RTS/CTS patch to correct the hardware flow
control and sending/receiving faxes works just fine.

BUT: After HylaFAX answered ONE incoming call, the software is not
responding to any more calls!
I already checked the serial communication between modem and computer,
but everything seems to be ok!
The modem is sending the 'RING' signal but the software simply ignores
it...

If I 'kill' the running faxgetty process manually, a new one will
'respawn' and the modem is answering the incoming call.

What's happening here?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Oliver

--