Adaptive Answer support for USR Sportster 28.8 ???

Hello dear community,

I 've read all the docs and some of the mailing list archives,
but didnt find any appropriate answer to my question...
maybe its just too plain easy for me to understand ;-)

Somehow I do not understand how to setup my modem configuration
to accept data and fax calls.

Fax reception and sending works ok already.

I installed Hylafax 4.0PL0 on my Linux Redhat 4.1 intel 586 system
which went through fine after updating the tiff libraries and
doing some config stuff in the config.site file.

I am using mgetty from Gert Doering's mgetty+sendfax package
as the data getty program.

I inserted the line
S0:23:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty ttyS0
into my /etc/inittab file,
and also put the /etc/rc.d/init.d/hylafax file and the links in
the appropriate /etc/rc.d/rc.x directories

The running services are
  186  ?  S    0:00 /usr/local/sbin/faxq
  188  ?  S    0:00 /usr/local/sbin/hfaxd -i hylafax
  235  ?  S    0:00 /usr/local/sbin/faxgetty ttyS0

my config file /var/spool/fax/etc/config.ttyS0 contains the following
entries:

RingsBeforeAnswer:      1
SpeakerVolume:          low
GettyArgs:              "-r -s %s"
#LocalIdentifier:       "NothingSetup"
TagLineFont:            etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:          "From %%l|%c|Page %%p of %%t"
MaxRecvPages:           25
ModemType:              Class2.0        # use class 2.0 interface
ModemRate:              38400           # DCE-DTE communication rate
ModemFlowControl:       rtscts          # XON/XOFF flow control assumed
#
ModemNoFlowCmd:         AT&H0&I0&R1     # setup modem for no flow
control
ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&H1&I0&R2     # setup modem for hardware flow
control
ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&H2&I2&R1     # setup modem for software flow
control
#
ModemSetupDTRCmd:       ATS13=1&D2      # setup so DTR drop resets modem
ModemSetupDCDCmd:       AT&C1           # setup so DCD reflects carrier
(or not)
ModemResultCodesCmd:    ATQ0X4          # enable extended result codes
#
# NB: adaptive answer only seems to work properly when
#     the modem is left idling in Class 2.0
#
ModemSetupAACmd:        AT+FAA=1
#
AdaptiveAnswer:         yes             # enable adaptive answer
AnswerRotary:           "fax data"      # answer for fax, then data
ModemAnswerFaxCmd:      AT+FCLASS=2.0;A   # default is to answer as fax
ModemAnswerDataCmd:     ATH+FCLASS=0H;A  # hangup and answer as data
Class1RecvIdentTimer:   8000            # timeout fax answer in 8 secs
#
# Set modem speaker volume commands: OFF QUIET LOW MEDIUM HIGH.
# Note that we both turn the speaker on/off and set volume.
#
ModemSetVolumeCmd:      "ATM0 ATM1 ATM1 ATM1 ATM1"
#
# NB: If you need to prefix phone numbers to get through a PBX,
#     put it in the ModemDialCmd; e.g. "DT9%s@".
#
ModemDialCmd:           ATX3DT0W%s         # T for tone dialing, @ for
silence
#
# Modem does not support HDLC frame tracing; we add this just
# to eliminate spurious ERROR results that confuse the naive.
#
Class2BUGCmd:           AT+FBU=0
#
# The modem doesn't support copy quality checking, even though it
# returns (0-2,0-2) for AT+FCQ=?; therefore we override the query
# response so that the server will do copy quality checking.
#
Class2CQQueryCmd:       !(0),(0)        # override modem response

Can anybody point me to what I am doing wrong ?
are the "ModemAnswerxxxCmd" lines functional for 2.0 modems ?
Somehow the documentation is very confusing in this context.

Can anybody please help me or does anybody do something similar ?

thanks in advance,
   Thomas.

--
Thomas Kuerten - beim Pfarracker 29 - 85716 Unterschleissheim - Germany
-URL-: http://www.leo.org/~kuerten/

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions