Re: HylaFAX Documentation

On Sun, 8 Jun 1997 Matthias.Apitz@SOFTCON.de wrote:

[snip]
> The problem with that is they are sometimes unfamilar with the idea
> "read before play" (e.g. read and think before you are move a file
> around with the mouse).

Matthias brings up a good point about the documentation. Having just
re-read the HTML documentation provided with HylaFAX, I have to say
that it is pretty detailed - the set-up provides both an overview as
well as a cook-book-recipe type setup.

Most of the enquiries on the list can readily be solved by poring over
the finer details of the documentation (it's just that there's so
much of it to look over!); that's why so many of the replies are:

    1. Read the FAQ
    2. Read the Debugging FAQ
    3. man config(4f)
    4. man whatever(4f)

[Just call the list-people the dynamic index!]

If there's one thing lacking at the moment, it's the system-specific
gotchas in the documentation. The one provided with with 4.0pl1 is
somewhat small (nothing about Linux and the lock-conflict stuff that
comes up now and then) but I'm sure Matthias would be more than
willing to put that sort of in if someone submitted the technical
details to him. It is a community-based system after all..

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen                          e-mail : jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
  Pinnacle Software Ltd                Voice  : +64.9.415.4460

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions