[hylafax-users] AW: Hylafax 6 - mapping numbers to users, testing with sendmail, pdf attachments

> I don't know how you've got FaxDispatch configured. (HylaFAX "proper"
> doesn't have one, by default, as its creation/configuration is left up
> to the administrator.) But of all the typical ones that I've seen people
> using I don't see any that parse ../etc/users (whatever that is). See
> the man page:

> http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/faxrcvd.php

Thanks for your answer! I installed the HylaFax Version 6 over YaST (SuSE
11.3).
I think they bring a different configuration with this installation.
I have a directory (/var/spool/fax/bin/), there are all the ssript-files
like
FaxDispatch, faxrcvd, etc.
In the faxrcvd, FaxDispatch from Folder /var/spool/fax/bin/ will be called.

Here is the code from FaxDispatch:

FILETYPE=pdf
TEMPLATE=de

if [ "$CALLID3" != "" ]; then
    PHONEMATCH=$CALLID3\$
    USERENTRY=`grep -v "^#" etc/users | grep "$PHONEMATCH"`
    if [ "$USERENTRY" != "" ]; then
        USERNAME=`echo $USERENTRY | awk '{print $1}'`
        SENDTO="$USERNAME"
    fi
fi

// etc/users:
#
# Sample users file for FaxDispatch on ISDN lines
# format: <email>  <MSN or extention>
#
user1@xxxxxxxxxxx  123
user2@xxxxxxxxxxx  124

But I think I will change the FaxDispatch-script.

>> 2: sendmail
>>
>> If I try to send a testmail with sendmail from console or with a
>> external mail client like FrogFax, that fax will not be delivered.
>>

> I don't understand.

Oh, I am sorry! I mean sendfax, not sendmail.
If I send a fax with sendfax, it wont be deliverd.

This is the incoming messages from my t38modem trace afters sending a fax
with sendfax:
Call[C7e348a0a3] from modem:T38Modem%20v1.2.1 to MYFAXNUMBER@+/dev/ttyT38-3,
route to sip: MYFAXNUMBER @192.168.1.55
Call[C7573e1994] cleared (Remote party host is off line)

"faxstat -s" output:
HylaFAX scheduler on SERVERNAME.site: Running
Modem ttyT38-1 (): Running and idle
JID  Pri S  Owner Number       Pages Dials     TTS Status
32   122 S   root MYFAXNUMBER       0:2   5:12   17:06 Busy signal detected

>> 3: incoming faxes from tiff to pdf
> It should work to have FILETYPE=pdf in FaxDispatch.

Now it works. :) Thanks. Insert the FILETYPE in the wrong FaxDispatch-file
in etc. In my configuration, etc/FaxDispatch wont be called.

Thanks for your help!

Felix