[hylafax-users] Hylafax 6 - mapping numbers to users, testing with sendmail, pdf attachments

Hi everyone,

I spent the last days of getting a HylaFax with OPAL, PTLIB and t38modem 1.2.1 running. Woohoo it works ….

But only calls from outside will directed to my hylafax 6.

I have 3 questions/problems:

1: user-mapping

The script FaxDispatch in /var/spool/fax/bin/ is a script that parses ../etc/users to check for matching numbers and sending the fax to given mail address from users, right?

Temporary that’s not realy working. Do not know, why. If I set the variable SENDTO=mymail@xxxxxxxxxxxx, it works.

2: sendmail

If I try to send a testmail with sendmail from console or with a external mail client like FrogFax, that fax will not be delivered.

This are the incoming messages from t38modem:
Call[C7e348a0a3] from modem:T38Modem%20v1.2.1 to MYFAXNUMBER@+/dev/ttyT38-3, route to sip: MYFAXNUMBER @192.168.1.55
Call[C7573e1994] cleared (Remote party host is off line)

Faxstat –s tells me:
HylaFAX scheduler on SERVERNAME.site: Running

Modem ttyT38-1 (): Running and idle

JID  Pri S  Owner Number       Pages Dials     TTS Status

32   122 S   root MYFAXNUMBER       0:2   5:12   17:06 Busy signal detected

3: incoming faxes from tiff to pdf

I have the problem, that all incoming faxes are TIFF-files. I read a lot of manuals, they all tells me, that I have to place “FILETYPE=pdf” in “FaxDispatch”, that is located in ../etc/. But if I create the file and place the command in the file, nothing happed. The same is, if I change FILETYPE in ../bin/FaxDispatch or ../bin/faxrcvd

I don’t know what am I doing wrong.

Thanks a lot for help!

Felix

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions