Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax 6 - mapping numbers to users, testing with sendmail, pdf attachments

Felix Glade-Beucke wrote:

I have 3 questions/problems:

1: user-mapping

The script FaxDispatch in /var/spool/fax/bin/ is a script that parses ../etc/users to check for matching numbers and sending the fax to given mail address from users, right?

Temporary that’s not realy working. Do not know, why. If I set the variable SENDTO=mymail@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mymail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, it works.

I don't know how you've got FaxDispatch configured. (HylaFAX "proper" doesn't have one, by default, as its creation/configuration is left up to the administrator.) But of all the typical ones that I've seen people using I don't see any that parse ../etc/users (whatever that is). See the man page:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/faxrcvd.php

2: sendmail

If I try to send a testmail with sendmail from console or with a external mail client like FrogFax, that fax will not be delivered.

I don't understand.

3: incoming faxes from tiff to pdf

I have the problem, that all incoming faxes are TIFF-files. I read a lot of manuals, they all tells me, that I have to place “FILETYPE=pdf” in “FaxDispatch”, that is located in ../etc/. But if I create the file and place the command in the file, nothing happed. The same is, if I change FILETYPE in ../bin/FaxDispatch or ../bin/faxrcvd

It should work to have FILETYPE=pdf in FaxDispatch.

Thanks,