From: Lee Howard [mailto:faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, 14 September 2010 3:12 PM
To: Lee, John (Sydney)
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax 5.1.7: Email FAX Output by FAX No

Lee, John (Sydney) wrote:
Thanks Lee.
I may not have explained it properly.

I have programmed my PABX such that Telno B will be forwarded to
Telno
A.
Telno A is connected to a modem attached to Hylafax server.
So the modem is receiving faxes if people fax to Telno A or B.

However, I want to be able to differentiate faxes sending to Telno A
from Telno B.  I thought I should use $CALLERID but didn't work.

Any thoughts?
$CALLERID is the caller's number. The dialed number (DID) is lost in
your configuration unless the modem is specifically capable of
receiving
DID signal from the PABX and reporting it to HylaFAX.

If, for example, you're using iaxmodems with the typical
configuration,
then you'd refer to $CALLID4.

Thanks,