[hylafax-users] Sending the first FAX

Hi all,

I am having a Conexant Systems, Inc. SoftV92 SpeakerPhone SoftRing Modem with SmartSP (rev 01) Modem. I have installed the modem driver successfully.

I have also installed Hylafax Server 6.0.4 from source and used faxsetup and configured everything that was to be configured from the command line wizard.

Now when using faxstat -s i am getting the following output.

[root@vclient1 avantfax]# faxstat -s
HylaFAX scheduler on vclient1.ipsrkochi.com: Running
Modem ttySHSF0 (+914844055710): Running and idle

I hope everything is fine till now. Now i want to try sending my first fax from my installation.

What is the next step that i should do for sending my first fax. which is the command that i can use for this.

As i dont want to send fax to real fax machines for the time being if possible, is there any method to emulate the fax sending feature, or can i send fax to my number itself so that the fax returns to me.

Is there anything else i should see before starting to send faxes.

Thank you all for supporting.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions