Re: [hylafax-users] Agere Lucent Chipset

On Wednesday 25 Aug 2010, Ranjan Das wrote:
> Hi Stiles,
>
> i didnt understand what you meant by live UART. Can you please guide me the
> procedure in which i can use it??
> The problem is found only when using with faxgetty.

A UART is an IC that converts RS232 serial data to 8-bit parallel data that is
a bit more processor-friendly.  "Real, live" in the sense of it being an
actual IC that does just that, and not some kind of processor-y thing
pretending to be one.

This is your best guarantee that the modem actually does the work of
generating the frequencies it sends down the line itself, and does not rely
on  (a highly-complex "driver", running under Windows on)  the PC to do it
for you.

--
AJS
(Originating address does not accept e-mail.  Insert a figure "one" before the