Re: [hylafax-users] Agere Lucent Chipset

Hi Stiles,

i didnt understand what you meant by live UART. Can you please guide me the procedure in which i can use it??
The problem is found only when using with faxgetty.

Thank you.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 1:28 PM, A J Stiles <hylafax_resp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 25 Aug 2010, Ranjan Das wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any one here who got the Agere Lucent Based Winmodem working with
> Hylafax.
>
> I got the driver compiled for the modem from Linmodem Website and i am able
> to dial out and dialing using getty.
>
> But the problem arises when i uses the faxgetty with the modem.
>
> when i use faxgetty on /dev/SAGR which is the modem suddenly a kernel crash
> happens.
>
> Is there any solution for this.

Yes.  The solution is to get a *proper* modem with a real, live UART.

--
AJS
(Originating address does not accept e-mail.  Insert a figure "one" before the