[hylafax-users] faxq <-> faxgetty communication question

Hello everybody,

I am working on an interface software between HylaFAX and Asterisk to send and receive fax documents via Asterisk's SendFAX() and ReceiveFAX() functions. Since Asterisk does not provide a virtual modem interface, I need fake communication between the HylaFAX server process and the (non-existing) faxgetty process.

My software is working well, except for two things: first of all, HylaFAX does not treat my virtual modem as busy if it is sending or receiving. My software creates a lock file, but I think I also have to tell faxq about the modem state via /var/spool/hylafax/FIFO. Is this correct?

Secondly, I have to run 'faxmodem' to make the modem available to HylaFAX each time I restart faxq. As far as I understand, I can also accomplish this task through the FIFO directly, but I haven't understood which messages I need to send to the FIFO.

Can someone point me to a place where to find more information on the FIFO communication between faxq and the faxgetty processes?

Thanks,
Henning Holtschneider
--
LocaNet oHG - http://www.loca.net
Lindemannstrasse 81, D-44137 Dortmund

Registergericht Amtsgericht Dortmund HRA 14208
Geschäftsführer Sven Haufe, Henning Holtschneider