Re: [hylafax-users] Dialogic Diva 4BRI-8 PCI - Waiting for modem to come ready

Hello Tobias,

We had a similar problem in our configuration.  The sample config from Dialogic's site is for Class 2 fax modem and when we tried it like that fax stat always reported "waiting for modem to come ready".

First thing I did was try running as class 1 by changing some of the entries in the config.ttdsXX.  When I made the change from Class 2 to Class 1 the modems would come ready and idle.

We then had problems with fairly high failure rates (upwards of 20% of all sending jobs) and the error was always some variant of "invalid response to PPS".  In order to try and resolve this high failure rate problem we tried switching to Class 2 but then obviously ran into the previous problem again.  After a fair amount of scratching and some help from the Dialogic support blokes figured out that the "FAX CLASS 2 V.34 options" was causing the problem and changed this from "Enable V.34 speed indication" to "off".

After making that change and starting the Diva Server we were able to run the HylaFAX config retrieved from the Dialogic website and had an incredible improved in the failure rate (down to 1% now).

Hope this helps.

Dominique