[hylafax-users] connection status ....

Hi all,

Perhaps this is not "accurate" question to hylafax mailing list but for this solution I'd like to use Hylafax or part of it. Here is what I'd like to do... kind of "predictive dialer". The point is I'd like to call number and give operator "status" of this number as follows:

1) there is no such number - if it possible to distinct such signal using fax cards?
2) number busy - this is fine and works now
3) number OK - there is signal to pick the call up - possible to distinct?
4) number is fax number - fax signal on the line - works now
5) other status - line down, no signal, etc - part of this already works fine so shouldn't be any problem?

Such software will work this way:
1) take number
2) do a call
3) wait for "feedback"
4) adjust feedback to "case" and send status to operator.

So my "main" problem is this "wait for feedback". Is hylafax suitable for this or perhaps there is better chose like Asterisk?

Many thanks,
Marcin