Re: [hylafax-users] Questions after 4.4.4 upgrade - Was -> Destination user reports receiving incomplete faxes

Stott Hare wrote:

I have at least one destination that always fails when we fax to it. I recall seeing references to setting up exception files/dial behavior for specific destination faxes, but haven’t located any good information on how to do so. If you have any suggestions or could point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it. The error this one returns is: “DIS/DTC received 3 times; DCS not recognized; too many attempts to send”.

Having looked at the log I see some CRC errors on V.21 HDLC frames, and it appears that the receiver repeatedly ignores or rejects the TCF being sent.

Unfortunately, HylaFAX 4.4.4 never trains down from V.17 14400 to V.29... so it's hard to say if the receiver doesn't like the modem's V.17 signaling.

Please install/upgrade to HylaFAX+ 5.2.4 (http://hylafax.sourceforge.net) and if the problem persists please send me that log and we'll get it fixed so that HylaFAX will attempt V.29.

Thanks,