Re: [hylafax-users] What command can I use to display runningservice.

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Ramon F. McDougall wrote:

Good Evening,

Dennis, thanks for your efforts. I would not worry about the info you
provided me. I really appreciate the fact you and everyone on the list has
been great in sharing their knowledge and time. I I just started on this
last week but had a delay getting a modem that worked. I was reading the
HalaFAX documentation and it states that faxgetty  is the service that
listens for incoming call. I figured that I should investigate as  to why it
was not running on my system.

I noticed that faxq and hfaxd are both running. Just for curiosity sake, if
you do a ps -A, do  see a faxgetty running on your system. I'm running on
Fedora Core 9. I'm going to take your suggestion and move on. BTW, what fax
client are you running?

Ramon, I am running hylafax on Fedora 9, updated to current, and faxgetty is started through the init process. There should be a file in /etc/event.d that sets up the tty device. My fax modem is on /dev/ttyS1 so my file is found at /etc/event.d/ttyS1. I would guess yours would be /etc/event.d/ttyACM0

my file looks like this:

# ttyS1 - faxgetty
#
# This service maintains a faxgetty on ttyS1 from the point the system is
# started until it is shut down again.

start on stopped rc2
start on stopped rc3
start on stopped rc4
start on started prefdm

stop on runlevel 0
stop on runlevel 1
stop on runlevel 6

respawn exec /usr/local/sbin/faxgetty ttyS1

Dave

David Forrest                     e-mail   drf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Maple Park Development Corporation  http://www.maplepark.com
St. Louis, Missouri