Re: [hylafax-users] What command can I use to display runningservice.

Ramon;

    I could be way wrong (last week was the first time I ever tried to install a fax server although mail and web servers are old hat now), but, as I noted in my last message, /etc/init.d/hylafax restart should restart everything that needs restarting with respect to your fax server.  That's all I do assuming, of course that it needs to be restarted.   Otherwise it starts automatically on boot.  I really do not think you should have to start faxgetty individually.

    I just issued ps -A and it does not report anything running on tty0 but everything is working fine because I just received a fax a few minutes ago.

    Issue faxstat -a and see what it says.  It will tell you whether your fax stuff is running or not.  Better still, do some in service testing - go down to the Copy Shop and send yourself a fax.

    Actually, that's how I tested mine.  I just moved to the area and know few people well enough to engage them in my adventures.  So, I made arrangements with Copy Shop down the street.  They ignore incoming faxes (except for counting the pages as it $/pg) and if I want an incoming, I just call and ask.

Best regards,
    Dennis

Ramon F. McDougall wrote:
Ok, I tried the command and faxq and hfaxd both start. HylaFAX documentation

States that is the server program that listens for incoming phone call and
either handles each call directly or hands it off to an appropriate program.

Faxgetty is started by init(8C) is that the same as init.d?

Thanks

Ramon