Re: [hylafax-users] Solaris x86 "T.30 T2 timeout, expected page not received" or "Missing EOL after 5 seconds" problem

Ok, I made some search and found following.

1- Solaris for x86 platform uses asy driver for COM ports.

bash-3.00# ls -l /dev/cua0
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          29 Aug  9 15:25 /dev/cua0 ->
../devices/isa/asy@1,3f8:a,cu
bash-3.00#

2- asy driver manual page have following entry in it:

     Note -  This module is affected by the  setting  of  certain
             eeprom  variables,  ttya-ignore-cd and ttya-rts-dtr-
             off (and  similarly  for  ttyb-,  ttyc-,  and  ttyd-
             parameters).  For  information  on these parameters,
             see the eeprom(1M) man page.

     Note -  For serial ports on the standard COM1  to  COM4  I/O
             addresses  above,  the  default  setting  for  ttya-
             ignore-cd and ttya-rts-dtr-off is true.  If  any  of
             these ports are connected to a modem, these settings
             should be changed to  false.  For  serial  ports  on
             non-standard  I/O addresses, the default setting for
             ttya-ignore-cd and ttya-rts-dtr-off is false.

What I did now is as follows:

bash-3.00# eeprom ttya-ignore-cd
ttya-ignore-cd=true
bash-3.00# eeprom ttya-ignore-cd=false
bash-3.00# eeprom ttya-ignore-cd
ttya-ignore-cd=false
bash-3.00# eeprom ttya-rts-dtr-off
ttya-rts-dtr-off=false
bash-3.00# reboot

Since ttya-rts-dtr-off was false. I did not touch it. I will observe the
behavior for next week and provide a feedback to the list.

Regards,
Ertan