Re: [hylafax-users] Solaris x86 "T.30 T2 timeout, expected page not received" or "Missing EOL after 5 seconds" problem

Actually, there is a new hardware in terms of Computer. I have a new HP
Proliant ML110 G5 server for Solaris. Unfortunately, I do not have the
chance to make a trial with FreeBSD on this hardware soon. Since this is a
production server right now. My earliest trial time may be 13th September.
However, I do not hit this error always. Only some systems sending fax to me
is not completing properly (as shown in my first e-mail with the subject).
Right after this not completion, modem stays On Hook.

> started?  If so, it would seem to be either a bug in the Solaris serial
> driver or a problem in how HylaFAX handles the serial port on Solaris
> (that doesn't always cause the modem to lock up).

I have seen DTR delay related pages related to Solaris SPARC versions. It
seems that Solaris SPACR serial driver used to have default 3 seconds delay
on DTR. I am in progress to find related driver and set parameter to pass to
the kernel in order to reduce this delay for Solaris X86 version. However,
this delay problem seems to be a problem long ago. Anyway, I am checking if
this is still an issue.

> If you power-cycle the modem (it's external, after all) does it wake
> up?  I suspect not, which would mean that the problem is in the serial
> interfacing.

If I do not reboot the Solaris system, only power-cycle modem which is an
external one problem continues. Only solution is to reboot, or power-cycle
the Solaris system.

> There is an unlikely possibility that the slightly different modem
> reset
> procedure (which only comes into play in potential wedged conditions)
> in
> HylaFAX+ would be able to recover modem connectivity.  You may want to
> give that a try.  Assuming that does not work you'll need to get

Is it possible to learn this procedure? I do not know how to do this.

> debugging information out of the Solaris kernel serial driver in order
> to proceed with any predictability.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lee.

Regards,