Re: [hylafax-users] Inbound Fax Receive Results in Solid Black Tiff files

My apologies, I forgot to add that to my e-mail.

It came with the distro of Mandriva 2008.0. So it's all RPM based. I had thought about grabbing a new version, but I can't find anything but the source (in which I'm not very knowledgeable about compiling straight source on Linux) and I haven't seen any other RPM packages on the net with a newer version. The libtiff also came in an RPM package, so that's how I found out it's version of 3.8+ (at least the package is labeled as that).

I've been using Hylafax for many years, just been riding the distro wave on Mandrake to Mandriva, etc. Never really had any issues with the tiff part until their latest 2008.0 release in which I did a fresh system build. The hylafax is very easy to setup, so it was no trouble just wiping the server, install fresh version, reconfigure hylafax in the console for a few minutes, was up and running like it was before. Mainly everyone was using the pdf conversion, so I guess I never noticed the tiff part was broken until recently when someone needed the actual tiff files instead of the conversions.

Thanks,
Michael

Lee Howard wrote:
Michael Brown wrote:
So I have a system using the HylaFax to receive fax on many fax modems and then uses the FaxDispatch file to send them out to the right people. Mainly we used the tiff to pdf convert, but I have one user who needs them in the native tiff format. The only problem is, they all come in fine (as far as receiving the fax), but when sent out via e-mail, the attachment has a tiff that is solid black. If I look at the tiff file on the server, it's the same issue, so I'm certain it's not a file or e-mail attachment issue.

How did you install libtiff and HylaFAX? From source? From RPM? From the distribution?

Thanks,