Re: [hylafax-users] Zoom 2929L modem (Lucent 1673TV8) skips scanlines

Mufit Eribol wrote:
I will test the modem by changing FlowControl. But, I need to ask something which I am not clear.

My ADSL modem and HylaFAX serial external fax modem are connected to the same voice line by means of an ADSL splitter. It means the internet connection and fax shares the same voice line. Does this setup fall in to the description of "VoIP" in your message?

Furthermore a fax machine (just for sending hardcopy documents) is also connected as a parallel device to the serial fax modem line. Does this pose big problem?

No, this is not a VoIP set-up. You would be using VoIP if you digitised the fax audio and sent it over your ADSL connection as IP packets. See here;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VoIP

The analog port on the splitter 'should' behave the same as an old POTS line. However, if the splitter is faulty then some of the high frequency ADSL signals will 'leak' onto the analog port and disrupt the fax. So, trying another splitter is a good plan.

I would suggest that you remove the fax machine and any phones from the fax modem line.... you want to keep everything simple while you attempt to debug your problem.

Regards

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 866 363 6680 | UK +44 1225 807 807
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com