Re: [hylafax-users] login error 550 cannot set privileges

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008, GianLuca Sarto wrote:

Hello All,

I have another error that bugs me.

Sometimes, it seems that Hylafax does not load properly, when I reboot the server locked by the HDLC error.
Users get "login error 550 cannot set privileges".

I /sudo /etc/init.d/hylafax/ /restart/ and then everybody is happy.

However, I would like to track down the problem.
How can I troubleshoot this?

Also, I run Hylafax 4.4.0 on an Ubuntu 7.10 server box.
I have found out that there is an Hylafax+ v.5, also.
Should I move to Hylafax+ and hope to solve my modem problems ?!
I did not find a package for Ubuntu, though.

thank for your time,
-Gian

To execute that script automatically, you could add:
/sbin/service hylafax stop
/sbin/service hylafax start
to your rc.local file (/etc/rc.d/rc.local on my machine.) I'm running HylaFAX+ 5.2.1 and I don't have a restart option so I just stop it and start it again with this entry. You might try $sudo service hylafax restart or, if you don't have /sbin/service, use the /etc/init.d/hylafax in lieu thereof.

David Forrest e-mail drf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Maple Park Development Corporation http://www.maplepark.com St. Louis, Missouri