From: faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 06 February 2008 22:45
To: Bill Allison
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] CallID in 5.2.1

Please put that \n in there and try again... I guess.  Also, stick just
a plain  printf("hello\n"); there before the other printf to make sure
that the code there is even being executed.  Something is really weird.

Is there any possibility that I may be able to remotely log in and look
at things myself?  I'd need the root ssh information and the phone
number to call to receive a fax.

Thanks,

Lee.

 -

>  --
> bill.allison@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Reversed the patches and the effect is still there and I've tied it
>>
> down
>
>> to this - setting server tracing to any value that has this bit set
>> triggers caller ID insertion in the tiff file to work.
>>
>> 8192 (0x02000) Config File Parsing
>>
>> Attached are my config files in case the other part of the equation is

>> something wrong in there, although they are the same ones I used ok
>>
> with
>
>> 5.1.5
>>

> I set ServerTracing and SessionTracing both to 0 in my modem config
> file.  I changed the "trace" log debug entries into printf calls, and I
> ran faxgetty in "non-daemon" mode...
>
> [root@gollum log]# faxgetty iaxmodem1
> id: "9375350907
> 100
> Lee's Office
> <NONE>
> 400"recvPage id: "9375350907
> 100
> Lee's Office
> <NONE>
> 400"recvSetupTIFF id: "9375350907
> 100
> Lee's Office
> <NONE>
>
> The Caller*ID information is coming through and is getting stored in
the
> "id" variable as expected... at least on my dev system here.
> Furthermore, the Caller*ID information *is* getting stored in the TIFF
> file in TIFFTAG_IMAGEDESCRIPTION as expected.
>
> So something is still not right.  Can you take that previous patch,
> change the function to be printf instead, run faxgetty in this manner
as
> I described, and do the same?  (If you also add a "\n" at the end of
the
> debug string it will help readability.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Lee.