Re: [hylafax-users] Prefix dialing

Michael Hallager wrote:
I would like all outgoing national-only calls on one-only of my lines to
dial a prefix.

National calls are identified in the batch file by a leading '0' then 3,
4, 6, 7 or 9 - before the 7 digit phone number.

Remember, I only want this to apply to one of my modems.
Each modem can have their own, independent DialStringRules (dialruels).

I have read the relevant man page and I can't find anything useful-

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/dialrules.php

I want any number starting with 03, 04, 06, 07 or 09 (followed by the 7 digit phone number) going through ttyD000 to dial a prefix.

Take a look at the attachment.

I assume that the 03, 04, etc remain and that the prefix is "0011". Change to your liking.

So in your config.ttyD000 file you'd put:

DialStringRules: etc/dialrules.hallager

... assuming you put this into /var/spool/hylafax/etc.

Lee.
! $Id: dialrules,v 1.2 2006/10/17 22:34:42 faxguy Exp $
!
! HylaFAX (tm) Dialing String Processing Rules.
!
! This file describes how to process user-specified dialing strings
! to create two items:
!
! CanonicalNumber: a unique string that is derived from all dialing
! strings to the same destination phone number.  This string is used
! by the fax server for ``naming'' the destination.
!
! DialString: the string passed to the modem for use in dialing the
! telephone.  This string should be void of any characters that might
! confuse the modem.
!
Area=${AreaCode}		! local area code
Country=${CountryCode}		! local country code
IDPrefix=${InternationalPrefix}	! prefix for placing an international call
LDPrefix=${LongDistancePrefix}	! prefix for placing a long distance call
!
WS=" 	"			! our notion of white space
!
! Convert a phone number to a canonical format:
!
!
! by (possibly) stripping off leading dialing prefixes for
! long distance and/or international dialing.
!
CanonicalNumber := [
%.*			=			! strip calling card stuff
[abcABC]		= 2			! these convert alpha to numbers
[defDEF]		= 3
[ghiGHI]		= 4
[jklJKL]		= 5
[mnoMNO]		= 6
[prsPRS]		= 7
[tuvTUV]		= 8
[wxyWXY]		= 9
[^+0-9]+		=			! strip white space etc.
^${IDPrefix}		= +			! replace int. dialing code
^${LDPrefix}		= +${Country}		! replace l.d. dialing code
^[^+]			= +${Country}${Area}&	! otherwise, insert canon form
]
!
! Process a dialing string according to local requirements.
! These rules do only one transformation: they convert in-country
! international calls to long-distance calls.
!
DialString := [
[-${WS}.]+		=			! strip syntactic sugar
\(			=
\)			=
[abcABC]		= 2			! these convert alpha to numbers
[defDEF]		= 3
[ghiGHI]		= 4
[jklJKL]		= 5
[mnoMNO]		= 6