From: faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 06 February 2008 18:57
To: Bill Allison
Cc: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] CallID in 5.2.1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- --
bill.allison@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Reversed the patches and the effect is still there and I've tied it
down
to this - setting server tracing to any value that has this bit set
triggers caller ID insertion in the tiff file to work.

8192 (0x02000) Config File Parsing

Attached are my config files in case the other part of the equation is

something wrong in there, although they are the same ones I used ok
with
5.1.5

I set ServerTracing and SessionTracing both to 0 in my modem config file. I changed the "trace" log debug entries into printf calls, and I ran faxgetty in "non-daemon" mode...

[root@gollum log]# faxgetty iaxmodem1
id: "9375350907
100
Lee's Office
<NONE>
400"recvPage id: "9375350907
100
Lee's Office
<NONE>
400"recvSetupTIFF id: "9375350907
100
Lee's Office
<NONE>

The Caller*ID information is coming through and is getting stored in the
"id" variable as expected... at least on my dev system here.
Furthermore, the Caller*ID information *is* getting stored in the TIFF
file in TIFFTAG_IMAGEDESCRIPTION as expected.

So something is still not right.  Can you take that previous patch,
change the function to be printf instead, run faxgetty in this manner as
I described, and do the same?  (If you also add a "\n" at the end of the
debug string it will help readability.)

Thanks,

-- This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.