Re: [hylafax-users] continuous user DCN errors w/ Canon ImageRunner 1670F copier w/ fax

Lee-

Thanks for the reply - this particular model seems to be the only
trouble-maker. Faxes from any number of other machines cause no problems
whatsoever. Sending from this same machine to various models/brands of
fax machines seem to complete without issues, but of course, physical
machines don't produce such detailed logs to help with debugging. I'll
keep testing and see if I can find something else that might be going on.

Cheers,
-Alan

Lee Howard wrote:
Alan Patterson wrote:
When receiving faxes from a Canon ImageRunner 1670F using iaxmodem 1.0 & Hylafax version 4.4.1 we get consistent sender aborts. This sending fax machine seems to be the only one that causes any problems. Any ideas?

Relevant example hylafax log attached.

Is the behavior described in the log (the many retransmissions with lots of Phase C HDLC corruption) common among all logs coming from distinct fax senders? Or is this behavior specific only to this one sender?

What's happening is the audio quality is so poor that iaxmodem cannot decode the audio reliably... and thus HylaFAX keeps requesting retransmissions of the image data, and that cycles over and over and over until at last the communication rate has slowed so much that the sender just gives up.

Thanks,