Re: [hylafax-users] MIME Conversion issues

Neal Vadekar wrote:
I am trying to use Hylafax with faxmail and MIME Convertion of word documents

here is the command line that works for me:

oowriter -invisible "macro:///blah.blah.saveaspdf(/path/to/my/file.*)"

it produces a good quality conversion of rtf or word documents to PDF

but with the mime conversion, it says on page http://www.hylafax.org/content/Email_to_Fax_Gateway that you pass the file as $1 and expect the output on standard out. I am unsure at this point if OOWriter with macros can put this on standard out..., it saves the coverted file to /path/to/my/file.doc, is there a way to get the %i %o functionality of typerules so that I can deal with the files that are created? I am unsure of exactly how this works.

If you use HylaFAX+ 5.2.1 (or any semi-recent HylaFAX+ release, for that matter) you use MIMEConverters in the fashion described by the example I give here:

http://groups.google.com/group/fa.hylafax/msg/831111de218ded81

... except of course you'll do it for application/msword instead of text/html.

If the macro cannot produce the Postscript output on standard output then you'll need to add a command or two to make it do that (such as pdf2ps in this case).

Thanks,