Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax miscalculating page counts on cover page

olin.hylafax.7ia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hylafax is mis-calculating the number of pages in my faxes, as printed
on the cover page it produces. It is quite puzzling.

http://shivers.com/~shivers/tmp/bogusfax/paper.ps
The original file that I faxed; exact duplicate of doc67.ps.34.

Here is the reason why...

# grep %%Pages: paper.ps
%%Pages: 15
%%Pages: (atend)
%%Pages: 1
%%Pages: (atend)
%%Pages: 1
%%Pages: (atend)
%%Pages: 1
%%Pages: (atend)
%%Pages: 1
%%Pages: (atend)
%%Pages: 1
%%Pages: (atend)
%%Pages: 1
# grep %%Page: paper.ps
%%Page: 1 1
%%Page: 2 2
%%Page: 3 3
%%Page: 1 1
%%Page: 1 1
%%Page: 4 4
%%Page: 5 5
%%Page: 6 6
%%Page: 7 7
%%Page: 8 8
%%Page: 9 9
%%Page: 10 10
%%Page: 11 11
%%Page: 12 12
%%Page: 1 1
%%Page: 1 1
%%Page: 13 13
%%Page: 1 1
%%Page: 1 1
%%Page: 14 14
%%Page: 15 15

So whether we sum up the %%Pages comments or count the instances of %%Page comments... we come up with the same count: 21. Obviously something isn't right, though - either with the Postscript document or with sendfax's page counting approach. The document seems to "go back" to page one 6 times in my read of things (but I'm no Postscript expert, either).

How is this Postscript document being created?

Thanks,