[hylafax-users] Hylafax miscalculating page counts on cover page

Hylafax is mis-calculating the number of pages in my faxes, as printed
on the cover page it produces. It is quite puzzling.

Here's an example:

- I have a 15-page paper I wish to fax, in PostScript form. That, plus
  the cover page, should be 16 pages total.

- The paper correctly contains the line
    %%Pages: 15
  at the beginning of the file.

- I send the fax using
    sendfax -c "Test fax" -w -v -v -d +1-617-209-1440 /tmp/paper.ps

- The job file, sendq/q34, contains the entry
    totpages:16
  so, at some level, hylafax correctly knows the page count.

- Hylafax then makes a cover page with faxcover, telling it the fax is
  21 pages plus cover page:

    /usr/bin/faxcover -c 'Test fax' -f 'Olin Shivers' -n '+1-617-209-1440'
                      -s 'default' -p '21'

  Huh? Twenty-one pages? Where did that come from?

- After that, everything works fine.

This happens on other files, as well; I'm specifying the above example in
detail simply to be completely concrete about the problem.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? The only thing at all funky
about my installation (a deb package install on an x86_64 Ubuntu system)
is that textfmt can't find font metrics when it renders text, but I don't
see a connection between that and my lossage.

I've put all the relevant files on my web server, if anyone would like to
see the bits:
------
http://shivers.com/~shivers/tmp/bogusfax/c000000079
  The hylafax log of the fax job. Not particularly interesting.

http://shivers.com/~shivers/tmp/bogusfax/cover34
http://shivers.com/~shivers/tmp/bogusfax/cover34+30
  The cover sheet, in PostScript & tiff format, saying the fax is 21
  pages plus cover sheet. (The tiff file cover34+30 was cover34;30 in
  hylafax's docq/ directory; I renamed it to avoid putting a semicolon
  in a url.)

http://shivers.com/~shivers/tmp/bogusfax/doc67.ps.34
http://shivers.com/~shivers/tmp/bogusfax/doc67.ps+30
  The body of the fax, a 15-page paper, in PostScript & tiff format.
  (The tiff file doc67.ps+30 was doc67.ps;30 in hylafax's docq/ directory;
  I renamed it to avoid putting a semicolon in a url.)

http://shivers.com/~shivers/tmp/bogusfax/q34
  The job file, containing the "totpages:16" entry.

http://shivers.com/~shivers/tmp/bogusfax/paper.ps
  The original file that I faxed; exact duplicate of doc67.ps.34.

http://shivers.com/~shivers/tmp/bogusfax/transcript
  The output generated by the "sendfax -w -v -v" command. Shows hylafax
  firing off faxcover with the -p 21 argument.
------

Any help would be appreciated; thanks!
    -Olin