Re: [hylafax-users] long distance dialing, not inserting "1" before area code

--- Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> jessica six wrote:
> > I have a etc/config as follows:
> >
> > LogFacility:            daemon
> > CountryCode:            1
> > AreaCode:               520
> > LongDistancePrefix:     1
> > InternationalPrefix:    011
> > DialStringRules:        etc/dialrules
> > ServerTracing:          1
> >
> > My modem is on a line where a "1" is needed to
> dial
> > long distance.  However, no matter what I dial, it
> > never will insert a "1" before the area code
> unless I
> > send the "1" as part of my destination.  Shouldn't
> the
> > daemon know that if the area code isn't 520, it
> needs
> > to insert a "1" ?
> > What file/config is not configured correctly?
>
> Your dialrules needs to be configured.  There are
> many places where
> 10-digit dialing outside of the local area code does
> not imply
> long-distance.
>
> Lee.

When I configured hylafax via the documentation, I do
not recall it mentioning that I needed to manually
edit this dialrules file.  Also, it looks to me like
entries such as:

Area=${AreaCode}                ! local area code

Would pick up AreaCode from my etc/config file.
If this is not the case, why the redundancy?