Re: [hylafax-users] long distance dialing, not inserting "1" before area code

jessica six wrote:
I have a etc/config as follows:

LogFacility:            daemon
CountryCode:            1
AreaCode:               520
LongDistancePrefix:     1
InternationalPrefix:    011
DialStringRules:        etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:          1

My modem is on a line where a "1" is needed to dial
long distance.  However, no matter what I dial, it
never will insert a "1" before the area code unless I
send the "1" as part of my destination.  Shouldn't the
daemon know that if the area code isn't 520, it needs
to insert a "1" ?
What file/config is not configured correctly?

Your dialrules needs to be configured. There are many places where 10-digit dialing outside of the local area code does not imply long-distance.