Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] FaxMail + PDF Attachments + Email Header

Another HTML update:

In the email received, the second MIME part is:

--Apple-Mail-28--1026872698

-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">Does it come through if i add =
<b>bold?</b>=A0or <span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =

--Apple-Mail-28--1026872698--

I managed to capture the temp files faxmail creates, and look inside of the part.2 file to see why it was claiming it didnt know what kind of file it is. When it gets to this stage, part.2 contains:

-webkit-line-break: after-white-space; ">Does it come through if i add =
<b>bold?</b>=A0or <span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =

With no headers.  Is part.2 what gets shipped off to be converted to .ps by a mime converter, and with no header, its not sure what to do?

On 17-Jan-08, at 12:39 PM, Aidan Van Dyk wrote:

* Dayton Turner <dayton@xxxxxxxxx> [080117 15:12]:
> Aidan,
>
> Thanks for the input. I'll look for a newer package in the debian
> repository. In etch (4.0) currently its only at 4.4.0.

I have 4.4.3 packages here for etch:
        http://people.ifax.com/~aidan/apt/etch/

Unfortunately I don't have access to my etch box anymore, so I haven't
had a chance to build 4.4.4 packages for etch.  But you can build
debian packages right from the hylafax-4.4.4 tarball.

> So I did try passing -T to faxmail, expecting that if i did not
> include a message body, but did attach a PDF, for example, that i
> would get just the PDF, and no mail headers, but i still got the
> single page with the email headers all on their own.
>
> Ideas?  I'll try -N out as well and see how it reacts.

The -T will "trim" the text parts (the main body) of the email, so if it's
empty, it's suppressed.

the -N will suppress the "header" part.  So, both the -N and -T together
will cause both the "header" and the "body" parts to be suppressed.

Note that there was a bug in 4.4.0 which caused faxmail to submit an
"empty" document to the server when both the header and text parts had
been suppressed, which will cause you problems if you're still on 4.4.0.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions