Re: [hylafax-users] FaxMail + PDF Attachments + Email Header

As a follow up to my HTML troubles, I noticed this in my mail.log:

faxmail: unable to process message:  /tmp//faxmail.aAxUBr/part.2: Can not determine file type.

But of course, the temp file is deleted before I have a chance to check it out, and if i re-run my faxmail script, it works fine, just with no html mime conversion.

My script that calls faxmail basically does this:

--------------

cat > /tmp/.faxes/$FILENAME.eml

cat /tmp/.faxes/$FILENAME.eml | sed 's/^Mime-Version: .*/MIME-Version: 1.0/' | sed 's/^MIME-Version: .*/MIME-Version: 1.0\nX-FAX-Modem: '$MODEM'/' | /usr/bin/faxmail $OPTS $TONUMBER

------------

The MIME stuff i did up there was to fix up apple's mail.app client which was sending out improperly formatted mime-version headers, and $OPTS in this case is null.

On 17-Jan-08, at 12:39 PM, Aidan Van Dyk wrote:

* Dayton Turner <dayton@xxxxxxxxx> [080117 15:12]:
> Aidan,
>
> Thanks for the input. I'll look for a newer package in the debian
> repository. In etch (4.0) currently its only at 4.4.0.

I have 4.4.3 packages here for etch:
        http://people.ifax.com/~aidan/apt/etch/

Unfortunately I don't have access to my etch box anymore, so I haven't
had a chance to build 4.4.4 packages for etch.  But you can build
debian packages right from the hylafax-4.4.4 tarball.

> So I did try passing -T to faxmail, expecting that if i did not
> include a message body, but did attach a PDF, for example, that i
> would get just the PDF, and no mail headers, but i still got the
> single page with the email headers all on their own.
>
> Ideas?  I'll try -N out as well and see how it reacts.

The -T will "trim" the text parts (the main body) of the email, so if it's
empty, it's suppressed.

the -N will suppress the "header" part.  So, both the -N and -T together
will cause both the "header" and the "body" parts to be suppressed.

Note that there was a bug in 4.4.0 which caused faxmail to submit an
"empty" document to the server when both the header and text parts had
been suppressed, which will cause you problems if you're still on 4.4.0.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions