Re: [hylafax-users] FaxMail + PDF Attachments + Email Header

So I've upgraded to the version in that repository, and debian reports that i am now on version HYLAFAX-4_4_1RC1-2-g9cb33e8

So, 4.4.1? should I have installed the 4.4.3 deb specifically rather than adding your URL as an apt source and apt-get upgrade'ing hylafax-client and hylafax-server?

The thing that is happening now, is if i specify -N -T, things work as long as my email includes a body. If it doesnt, the fax fails right away with:

statuscode:322

Check any PostScript documents for non-standard fonts and invalid constructs

Which of course, is pretty nondescript. If i take -N out, it will let me get away with no message body, but then of course the message headers are back.

Could this be related to the version I'm running? I do still need to merge my changes back into the new common-functions file, as there were some changes in the new version, but nothing looked that crazy.

Dayton

On 17-Jan-08, at 12:39 PM, Aidan Van Dyk wrote:

* Dayton Turner <dayton@xxxxxxxxx> [080117 15:12]:
> Aidan,
>
> Thanks for the input. I'll look for a newer package in the debian
> repository. In etch (4.0) currently its only at 4.4.0.

I have 4.4.3 packages here for etch:
        http://people.ifax.com/~aidan/apt/etch/

Unfortunately I don't have access to my etch box anymore, so I haven't
had a chance to build 4.4.4 packages for etch.  But you can build
debian packages right from the hylafax-4.4.4 tarball.

> So I did try passing -T to faxmail, expecting that if i did not
> include a message body, but did attach a PDF, for example, that i
> would get just the PDF, and no mail headers, but i still got the
> single page with the email headers all on their own.
>
> Ideas?  I'll try -N out as well and see how it reacts.

The -T will "trim" the text parts (the main body) of the email, so if it's
empty, it's suppressed.

the -N will suppress the "header" part.  So, both the -N and -T together
will cause both the "header" and the "body" parts to be suppressed.

Note that there was a bug in 4.4.0 which caused faxmail to submit an
"empty" document to the server when both the header and text parts had
been suppressed, which will cause you problems if you're still on 4.4.0.

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions