Re: [hylafax-users] FaxMail + PDF Attachments + Email Header

Dayton Turner wrote:
Thanks Lee. I think ive gone through this with you once before, but.. I'm running hylafax from the debian APT repository... Its marking me as version 4.4.0 -- this isnt hylafax+ is it?

The migration from that one to hylafax+, is it a lot of work? I have customized a fair amount of how hylafax does its fax/email gatewaying..

There is a Debian deb file for HylaFAX+ on the Sourceforge site (http://hylafax.sourceforge.net). You could "upgrade" using it. Note, however, that the deb file on the Sourceforge site is more true to the traditional HylaFAX installation (from tarball source) than is the usual Debian HylaFAX package that you'll get through the apt repository (which is in some ways highly Debianized). So you'd want to watch out for that... make sure to re-run faxsetup and pay attention to the HylaFAX(+) documentation to make sure that you don't get into any issues with the changes (in particular how hfaxd, faxq, and faxgetty start up).

HylaFAX+ is more true to traditional HylaFAX faxmail behavior than are the 4.4.x hylafax.org releases. So if you've developed your customizations around 4.4-behavior then you'd need to revisit them. It's probably not difficult, however... to move back and forth between the versions.

Thanks,