Re: [hylafax-users] what is an acceptable rate of failure ?

On Jan 4, 2008 6:39 PM, Andrew Rinaldi <andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi George,
>
> A lot depends on your definition of a 'failure' - does it include wrong
> numbers, user aborts, etc.

I'm counting received faxes only, so there is nothing being sent.
To me a failure or rather "error" is anything hylafax reports as one.
I know that Most E102 errors are from people who just call up the fax
line by mistake and then hang up.. or from people who call the line to
see if it's busy or if it works (Don't ask me why people do that).

> If you are referring to failures during the fax transmission/reception
> process then something close to 1% failure rates should be readily
> achievable, and 0.1% with some effort.

That's the thing, you say these percentages but this is according to
whom? With most solution I work with I show my superiors that with X
solution I get Y rate of success and according to standard W and stats
from credible source Z that our solution is ok.

So when people post numbers.. where are they getting them from. I
don't see other companies out there publishing their stats either.