Re: [hylafax-users] Failure to receive silence (synchronization failure).

Richard Morris wrote:
The lines are coming straight from the telco. They came out on Friday to investigate the problem and he said that it is most likely a problem with the wiring in the office cause the signal is strong and clear coming from the telephone lines into the building. Once in the building there appears to be noise. I am going to have our telephone wiring guy come in and have a look but I find it strange that this 'noise' seems to have come out of the blue and that's why I wanted to check to see if these errors are hardware related or something else.

It certainly could be a modem hardware failure. If you have other modems to test with, then please do.

However, the chance of it being hardware failure is unlikely, although not impossible.

Thanks,