Re: [hylafax-users] HDLC frame not byte-oriented

Hi George,

I can tell you from experience that HylaFAX and a Venus chipset modem can
give you fantastic results.  I can also tell you from experience that
HylaFAX and a USR modem can give you poor results.  We have extensively
tested both combinations in our labs, and I have many years customer
experience with most (if not all) modem chipsets.

If you changed from a USR to a Venus (this is important) based MultiTech and
had no improvement then you need to look elsewhere for your issue.  Once
this issue is resolved you will be glad that you have the Venus chipset.

With regards to your specific issues, have you tried running the Multitech
modems on the POTS lines as I've suggested to you ?  If you have, what are
the results ?

Regards

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | UK +44 8458 909438
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com