Re: [hylafax-users] Failing faxes

On Dec 17, 2007 11:28 PM, Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Richard Morris wrote:
> > We were sending faxes out today and noticed that an above average
> > number of faxes were failing.  When I looked into it further, there
> > were two types of errors that were common.  I have attached two
> > session logs and I was wondering if someone could tell me what was
> > going on?
>
> The two logs that you submitted both look like line problems... audio
> problems.  If the modem isn't malfunctioning and if there isn't a PBX or
> phone system between the modem and the telco, then you probably would
> want to contact the telco to see if they notice a problem.

This is interesting, I have hylafax server set to send only and every
single job fails at least 2 or 3 times before being successfully sent.
Similar errors as the above mentioned. We do have some gateway in
between the faxserver and the outside. Is there a way to see if it's
the PBX or whatnot that is causing interference?