Re: [hylafax-users] How to include TagLine in PDF attached to notification email

Angelo Scagnetti wrote:

Hi, I would like to achieve this too, but I don't know how to
force faxsend to write his output to the disk.

Traditionally there has not been such a feature. faxsend images the tagline onto the page in memory only. It is never written to disk.

In HylaFAX+ 5.1.10 I introduced a "SaveRawImage" debugging feature. It writes the raw image data that is in memory to a file. It is not a TIFF; it is the raw image data... MH, MR, MMR, or JBIG; it is not wrapped in TIFF. However, that code could be used as a starting point to actually create a feature to wrap that raw data into multipage TIFF.

Do I need to modify the faxsend source?

Currently, yes.

Which format the output file would be?

That depends entirely on how it's coded. Most likely it would be TIFF.

Is it possible to substiture the .ps file in /docq with the one
coming from faxsend, so that when bin/notify is called the new
file would be used?

It's not possible with configuration currently. It is possible with coding... however, that would be a bad move, in my opinion (to replace the source document).