Re: [hylafax-users] Bug in faxmail?

Lee Howard wrote:
> Igor Neves wrote:
>
>> Looks like somehow the postscript generated from hylafax, its nor well
>> interpreted in ps2pdf, and it does not do a right conversion.
>>
>> Do you have any idea how to solve this?
>>

> Perhaps push the faxmail postscript output through Ghostscript's ps2ps
> utility?   However, I would think that Ghoscript's ps2pdf would offer
> the same postscript parsing.
>
>> Another problem, i have tried this following rules:
>>
>> 0       string          %<!                     ps      /usr/bin/html2ps
>> %i > %o
>> 0       string          %<!DOCTYPE HTML         ps      /usr/bin/html2ps
>> %i > %o
>> 0       string          %<!doctype html         ps      /usr/bin/html2ps
>> %i > %o
>> 0       string          %<HEAD                  ps      /usr/bin/html2ps
>> %i > %o
>> 0       string          %<head                  ps      /usr/bin/html2ps
>> %i > %o
>> 0       string          %<TITLE                 ps      /usr/bin/html2ps
>> %i > %o
>> 0       string          %<title                 ps      /usr/bin/html2ps
>> %i > %o
>> 0       string          %<HTML                  ps      /usr/bin/html2ps
>> %i > %o
>> 0       string          %<html                  ps      /usr/bin/html2ps
>> %i > %o
>>
>> The idea it's to parse html into postscript, to be sent in the fax, but
>> this never get match, it always move along the rules, and match always
>> this rule:
>>
>> 0       string          %!              ps
>>
>> And of course, take care of html, as simple text. Any ideia how to do
>> this?
>>

> This is one reason why using typerules with faxmail is less-ideal than
> was the previous MIMEConverters approach to the same thing.  In
> HylaFAX+ we still use MIMEConverters, and you simply create a
> converter for "text/html".  See:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.telephony.fax.hylafax.user/25667
>
> Lee.
Yes, i have used hylafax+ too, but MIMEConverters are so bad when you
start using outlooks and so on.

And the postscript generation in 4.4.x it's much better, with
MIMEConverters, we had to much blank pages, and too much cut off
pages... to many problems, that with 4.4.x are solved, i prefer 4.4.x
even with this html problem not solved.

The problem now, it's my tree lines PDF generated from PostScript cut off.

Thanks.

--
Igor Neves <igor.neves@xxxxxxxx>
3GNTW - Tecnologias de Informação, Lda