Re: [hylafax-users] How to fax from Ubuntu

Ok, let share information :) you help me.. i help you :)
two days ago, i waste my night to find out how to fax from ubuntu.. searching google.

Yes, it's work! I can do fax from ubuntu..
right now i can do fax from OpenOffice, TextEditor, etc..

1. Install GFax from apt-get install gfax
2. Configure GFax with your Fax Server (HylaFAX).. I hope you know how to do it..
   Ok, you can test your GFax configuration by test send a fax with Text Editor (Applications -
Accessories)
3. To make it work with openoffice, run /usr/lib/openoffice/program/spadmin  (with root access), you
 do sudo -i, or whatever.
4. You add fax / pdf converter from spadmin GUI, fill the command with: gfax (TMP)
5. That's it... you save the configuration
6. Try fax an openoffice document

1st time i try fax with Fax Printer, it hang..
then i tried fax with PDF Converter and set the PDF Folder, then after fax, i close the GFax and not
hang.