Re: [hylafax-users] Bug in faxmail?

Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
> * Igor Neves <igor@xxxxxxxx> [071114 09:50]:
>
>> According to the man page, in version 4.4.x of hylafax, internally it
>> knows how to handle tiff, ps, and pdf files, but it can only output
>> postscript, it's that it?
>>

> What man page are you referring to, and what is "it"?
>
> typerules is a mechanism for determining how to get from "A" to "B".  It
> doesn't handle anything internally, and it doesn't produce any output.
>
> The HylaFAX server (hfaxd/faxq) know how to "render" TIFF, PDF, PS (and
> sometimes PCL) to get the image data needed to send in the T.30 "fax
> session".
>
> The hylafax clients (sendfax, faxmail, etc) use typerules to determine
> how process the given document into a format that it can submit to the
> HylaFAX server.  So for every file/document given/attached,
> sendfax/faxmail will use typerules to figure out what to do with it.  It
> looks for a "rule" that fits the offset/type/match.  It will run the
> "command" associated with it, and submits the output of the command to
> the HylaFAX server as a "result" file.
>
> Please be specific.  Show us the file you are trying to have submitted.
> Show us the rule you believe should be used.  Tell us what you believe
> should actually be transfered to the hylafax server to be sent.
>
> a.

I understood the problem, and makes no sense showing what i was trying
to do, because i now understood i was doing it wrong.

Anyway, i can explain you, why this come to my mind.

When i send a mail, it gets processed in postfix, and injected in faxmail.
The body of the email it's processed and sent by fax, everything looks fine.
The main problem it's, i want to archive all the fax sent, so i run in
one cronjob the script '/var/spool/hylafax/bin/archive', and for every
.ps file, i try to convert it to pdf, with ps2pdf, and somehow the first
3 lines in the pdf, are cut off, don't know why, but i need all the
files in pdf, not ps, after that, i send one email with the archive fax
in attach.
Looks like somehow the postscript generated from hylafax, its nor well
interpreted in ps2pdf, and it does not do a right conversion.

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

Another problem, i have tried this following rules:

0       string          %<!                     ps      /usr/bin/html2ps
%i > %o
0       string          %<!DOCTYPE HTML         ps      /usr/bin/html2ps
%i > %o
0       string          %<!doctype html         ps      /usr/bin/html2ps
%i > %o
0       string          %<HEAD                  ps      /usr/bin/html2ps
%i > %o
0       string          %<head                  ps      /usr/bin/html2ps
%i > %o
0       string          %<TITLE                 ps      /usr/bin/html2ps
%i > %o
0       string          %<title                 ps      /usr/bin/html2ps
%i > %o
0       string          %<HTML                  ps      /usr/bin/html2ps
%i > %o
0       string          %<html                  ps      /usr/bin/html2ps
%i > %o

The idea it's to parse html into postscript, to be sent in the fax, but
this never get match, it always move along the rules, and match always
this rule:

0       string          %!              ps

And of course, take care of html, as simple text. Any ideia how to do this?

Thanks for all the help.

--
Igor Neves <igor.neves@xxxxxxxx>
3GNTW - Tecnologias de Informação, Lda