Re: [hylafax-users] Analog DID Questions

"Bezaleel Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You are correct. I confirmed today that Verizon's analog PBX trunk with 20 DID's would be receive only.

What exactly would I be asking my Telco for, as far as service, if I were to go the DTMF route? Are there any pro's or con's for DID vs DTMF other than the cost of hardware? IE, some functionality, etc.

Kevin,

The big con for DTMF is that I have never heard of a telco offering DTMF on a normal POTS (loop-start) line. It's usually a PBX collecting the called number (DID/DNIS) information, then sending the call to HylaFAX and outpulsing the DTMF digits after we go off-hook.

-Darren