[hylafax-users] Analog DID Questions

Our company currently has 4 POTS lines for voice services from Verizon (in South Carolina, USA). These four lines are handled by our Trixbox PBX system.

Our 5th POTS line is a dedicated analog fax line.

We are currently looking to get Verizon to setup DID services on our fax line so that we can use the DID information to route incoming faxes to particular users/groups. According to the Verizon rep, they only sell DID's in blocks of 20's.

At the moment, we have not invested in any particular hardware for the fax server.

First, I have been asked to provide Verizon with the following information before they can even provide me with a quote:

1) Trunk start - Ground-Start or Loop-Start
2) Trunk signaling - DP (Dial Pulse) or DTMF (Dual Tone Multi Frequency)
3) Number of digits to be set? (I have no idea what this is referring to.)
4) Send method - Wink or Immediate
5) Any restrictions on the numbers to be used? (I am guessing this is a no. Feel free to correct me.)
6) Used for PRI or Digital Service? (Again, guessing this is a no since I do not have a PRI and am using analog service at the moment. ;) )

Second, can this all be handled via a standard external modem? Or will I require some other form of device (FXO/FXS/Etc Card)?

Lastly, will I be able to receive and send via the fax line once it is set up for DID? I have read elsewhere that users can only receive (inbound) calls via the line that has been assigned DID numbers.

Thanks for any and all assistance!

Will be also contacting Verizon tomorrow to try and clarify some of this as well. Not holding my breath on that though.

Again, thanks,

Kevin L.