Re: [hylafax-users] Modify Incoming Fax Header

Ronald Lew wrote:

Does HylaFax 5.1.8 have any configuration settings for adding/modify the header information? Some received faxes does not contain the information. I would like to have date/time, filename (fax000000001.tiff), and caller id on the header.

The script psmark is useful for printing the faxes but I would like my fax client software to view the faxes with the new headers.

By "headers" I think that you're indicating what we typically refer to as the "tagline".

The tagline is part of the image that is sent from the sender. It's literally imaged-in to the image data. So it would be difficult, if not impossible, to read, interpret, and modify what you see there.

It sounds like, maybe, you're interested in modifying the TIFF tags (due to the statement about "my fax client software"). That is possible either with the existing libtiff tools or with some small utility that you may have to create with libtiff.

Thanks,